ANV Insurance Forms
forms are to be completed and processed by a designated representative
from each unit. Individual members should NOT send in these forms! RTF
forms can be completed on your computer. PDF forms are
available on our website, but must completed by hand, unless you have
special software. If you need a copy of the file, you can
it by clicking the link above. Note that all insurance requests must be
sent on the proper form, requests on plain paper will be returned. Note
also that all requests must now be sent through the Battalion.
1. Open the form and type the information requested into the BLANK fields. You MUST use these forms, and the information MUST be typed or printed clearly. The ANV will not try to decipher handwritten scribbles. Please use your members full names, not nicknames. If a claim must be processed, use of a nickname may cause the claim to be denied.
If the form absolutely must be handwritten, do so as carefully and legibly as possible. If a members name cannot be read easily, that member will not be insured. Note that typed or printed, the proper form must be used, or the request for insurance will be denied.
2. If you have more people being insured than the form allows, please complete as many copies of the second page as required. When submitting payment, send one check for the total on all forms. Do not send in forms for each person to be insured, just one for the company.
3. Make checks payable to 1st Division, Army of Northern Virginia only! Checks made out to individuals will be returned, delaying the insurance!
4. Send the following to the designated Regimental Insurance Contact, Ordnance Lt. Mike Flye :
· The completed return form(s) (Send the hard copy, but also please send a computer file of the form to Lt. Flye via email, as well as mailing. This will make book keeping much easier.)
· Your check. (If you want to send a scan to Sgt. Flye, please do so, it may help solve problems that may arise.)
· A printed copy of your schedule. (Again, send a hard copy, but also send a computer file to Lt. Flye via email.)
5. If it is after the deadline of January 31, send the appropriate check, form and schedule to the insurance contact as soon as possible. DO NOT MAIL THEM DIRECTLY TO THE ANV, this is no longer allowed. Current members who are not insured by April 1 will not be allowed to take the field. Note that we must have enought time to get these forms to the ANV, and for the ANV to process them by April 1st.
6. If you are adding new names to a roster that you have sent in, and the deadline has passed, please fill out a new copy of the form, and send the form and check to Lt. Flye. Be sure to indicate in the Roster Type field of the form that these are addtions! To add new events to your list, you may email the information on the event to be added. You can add new names and events at any time, but the form must still be submitted through the Regiment, not the ANV.
7. Lt. Flye will send a one copy of the form(s) and the check to the ANV in a separate envelope for each unit.
Completing the Return Form
Open the rtf form in your favorite word processing program. Please use the rtf form, so a computer copy can be sent to Lt. Flye.
Fill in the blank fields following the instructions for each section that follow.
If saving as a computer file, include unit name and "insurance" in the file name.
The Top Part
1. Battalion: Circle 6th. (On the forms available from this web site, 6th Regiment has been highlighted and circled for you. If using forms from the ANV web site, you must do that yourself. )
2. UNIT: Enter your unit designation, company and regiment.
3. Submitter's Name: Contact information for the person submitting the form for the unit.
4. Unit Commander's Name, etc.: Contact information for the unit commander
After the explanation of the insurance, enter the amount of the check being enclosed. Then fill in the members' information.
Name: Last and First name of the member to be insured. Note this must be the person's legal name, not a nickname. If nicknames are used, claim requests may be denied.
Military/Civilian: State which impression the member does.
Adult/Minor: State the age of any member under 18. For those over 18, no one needs to know. Amount Paid: In most cases, this should be $10. For those under 12, it coud be $5. If a unit is presenting a Certificate of Liability from an outside carrier, it would be $2.