& D Jarnagin One of the best known
suppliers to the mainstream of this hobby, currently upgrading to more
authentic goods and production methods. Â Mail order
and online only.
Oaks Sutler Numerous miscellaneous items.from a
fine Virginia sutler.
- E.J. Thomas Newer sutler, specializing in leather goods, and with other items made by very respected makers.
Creek Sutlery One of the larger general item
sutlers, one of the first and biggest online sutlers.
Mercury Supply Co.
service sutler, located in Texas, but seen at large Eastern events.
Quartermaster Shop Michigan based large general
Sutlery, Custom uniforms and tailoring. Now stocks
Sekela frocks, sacks and leather goods as well as Ray Hock, Jim
Warehime, and Jodi Nolan clothing. Catalog can be downloaded.
Daley Historical Reproductions Manufacturer of
accurate period clothing (military and civilian). He no longers does
custom work, but maintains a large stock of items for purchase.
- Country Cloth/Chas. R. Childs Clothing, blankets, fabrics, kits and sewing patterns, comes highly recommended.
- N.J.Sekala Excellent uniforms, leather goods, and others. Known for uniforms, but has much more.
Historical Reproductions Maker of uniforms from
County Cloth patterns, and authentic materials.
- Richmond Depot Known mostly for quality clothing, they have many other items as well.
- Camp Randall Quartermaster Site of John
Wedeward who produces some of the best repro Federal sackcoats
- B&B Tart Considered by some to be the
definitive example of well-researched and hand made period clothing and
uniforms. Custom work takes time - patience will be needed.
- Wambaugh, White & Co. Uniforms and top notch garment kits. They stand by what they sell. Sells period fabrics as well.
Lady Carries an excellent selection of civilian
- Carter & Jasper Many civilian items, most notably men's apparel. Also check out their Groceries section.
Stewart Clark First Class Site!! Great source
for civilian historic clothing.
- Ezra Barnhouse Goods Another outstanding source for men's apparel and ladies accessories. Also check out their fine selection of tin ware.
TCS Historic clothing for all reenactors, and
Emporium Full service site with a large ladies
Patterns The ultimate source for period clothing
based, carries men's and women's clothing
- Family Heirloom
Weavers Good source for authentically loomed
period fabrics. If you are contracting the work, they will ship
directly to whoever is making your items.
House Fabrics Wisconsin based online store, no
online order, phone only for first orders.
Hill Weavers Reproduction
fabrics and textiles, based in Cherry Valley, NY.
Manuals, Forms, Paper Goods
- Civil War Boots Excellent maker of authentic ACW footwear. Also sells footwear for other periods.
- Dell's Leather Works Quality leather goods at a fair price. Dell has a large
catalog and specializes in custom orders.
- Duvall Leatherwork Top notch leather gear, belts, straps, slings, pouches, cartridge boxes, all on authentic patterns.
- Dixie Leatherworks, An excellent source for top quality leather goods. Many itmes not available form other sources.
D. Haning and Company Makers of leather gear
(some with confederate lead details instead of brass).
- Missouri Boot and Shoe Well done brogans, knapsacks and other accoutrements.
- Robert Land Footwear Historically accurate footwear of all kinds. One of the hobby's best known names.
- John Zimmerman, Master Gunsmith Site for the work of John Zimmerman of Harper's Ferry. He is a
leader in improving weapon authenticity and the site is worth a visit
to see how your own weapon may be improved or to pick up yet another
Gun Works, Inc. Dixie is well known in Living
History circles and, in some cases, may be the only supplier for
certain reproduction items.
Arms Known for edged weapons they also stock
leather goods, sword accessories and some uniforms.
- Navy Arms Company Having trouble finding a Navy Arms store? Go to this
online site to place your order. The Confederate long arms are in a
section of their own. Check out the online "specials."
& S Firearms Glendale, NY supplier, has a
large catalog, mostly mail order, but near enough to visit.
- Bent's Cookie Factory Hardtack, Common Crackers, Coffee beans and more. They made the actual hardtack during the war!!!!
Heron Mercantile These folks provide salt meat,
grains, as well as standard sutler fair
- Big Bear Trading Company High quality specialty items, often
Northeastern events, Note he can supply most reenacting needs by
- Blanket Brigade Another familiar face from our events, also with a nice online page. As we know, its not just blankets!
- Blue Heron
Mercantile Not really our time period, but many items can be of use to us. Check out the food, toiletries, leather care, gun
tools, and more.
Miles Haversacks, period "stuff" and some interesting
"do-it-yourself" ideas. Very eclectic collection.
buckles by Hanover Brass
Excellent brass buckles (to upgrade from the less
authentic CS oval).
Carpetbagger Beautiful handmade carpet bags,
haversacks and braces.
- Turkey Foot Trading Company While
not an ACW sutler per se, they have many fine items of interest to our
period. Check out their tin ware, hemp products and dried edibles
for the haversack.
- Crazy Crow Trading Post Another one not exactly in our time period, but has many very useful items for the ACW camp.
This one is not a period sutler at all, but has manymitems that might
be useful for camp impressions. I particularly recomment their oil